All work on this blog is the property of the artist. Please do not use without his permission.

Friday, December 31, 2010

#365


Happy New Year!

Thanks to everyone who followed, made comments, and generally gave me feedback. It was a fun project and I hope I inspired a few of my students. It is possible to make a drawing every day. They weren't all good, but I've learned something from every one of them. It was a fun challenge coming up with ways of doing a drawing and posting it even when I was far from the friendly confines of my studio. Technology is a wonderful thing.

This final drawing is done in color pencil using a technique of scoring the illustration board that I "borrowed" from the illustrator Raúl Colón. I'd like to work some more on it but I need to have a quiet glass of wine with my wife before the next 365 days start.

See you next time.

Sam

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's really great, Sam! I am inspired! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog keep it up man i like your blog itd all contents are superb

    fashion

    ReplyDelete